Thursday 22 July 2010

Debts and Swing Geekery

Debt

First of all: this is not a nasty comment on anyone, and is not to imply that anyone is petty or has even *asked* for a sandwich! It only developed out of comedy value and because I wanted to create the picture below :)

Last night in the pub we were discussing the subject of owings. Various different things were owed to other people within the group. For example: I owe Seb Sikora a sandwich. Hello Seb. I'm aware I owe you a sandwich. However considering I regularly drive Seb and others various places, can a sandwich just equate to some retrospective petropennies? However it also seems that Seb owes Nikki £20. So maybe that means I actually owe Nikki a sandwich, and then Seb owes her approx £18?


Well. By the suggestion of various people I have made Seb a sandwich.


As you can see it contains super noodles, cilit bang, and condoms. But they're flavoured so that's ok. So Seb. Do you want a sandwich?


Here are some brilliant musings upon debt by David Mitchell. Personally I want to meet some of these people who like to wave away debt. So I can borrow lots of money off them.


Swing Geekery!

We who swing know that swing is a geek dance. Right? It seems to attract relatively clever people who want to have fun (rather than stroke each other like more Salsa-ish types.) But look at this glorious example of swing geekery.

Yep. It's a balboa HTML joke in t-shirt form modelled by Linda. She had a lindy one too, but people thought it was her name spelt wrong so she had to give it away.

I did just write a long diatribe on my theory as to why swing is more geeky, but it turned out not to be funny, so it has gone the way of common decency and community spirity in urban areas. It's dead. very dead.

So now look i have all this space to fill as the new blogger writing wotsit won't let me put photos next to each other! Stupid blogger. Why is that? grrrrr...

Ummm.... so. Filler....

The above two ladies are Linda in the geek-shirt, and Svetlana who has a difficult surname. Svetlana and Harry are BalboaNorth. Learning balboa is quite fun... Most importantly they have free tea and biscuits!!! This is very very important.






BIG GAP







Lots of love!!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant sandwich :o) But i dont want one of those...

    ReplyDelete